Q: Ignition coil trouble for Toyota corolla 2000

My car's engine locked up so I needed a new engine. But the thing is that the ignition coils on the new one look different from the one in my car.

My mechanic told me that I couldn't put in the new one because of the ignition coils.

How the new engine looks: https://goo.gl/images/CWYHeO

How the old one looks: https://goo.gl/images/wYkFQ9

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

You have a lot of other different things with these two engines. The two engines are not compatible with each other. One is VVTI the other is not. The two have a different ignition system, intake and exhaust are all different. I would look into getting the correct engine if you are paying to get it done then get the correct engine.

3. Ignition coil trouble for Toyota corolla 2000