Q: My car shakes a little when I speed up more than 30 mph

when i go more than 30 m/h the car start shaking not a lot but you can feel that is not normal it has new bearing hub , brakes, rotors, calipers and new brake disks on the back wheels so my question is. it can be an alignment or ball joints. but when i speed up and put the gear on neutral the car does not shake

A: Hi there. If your vehicle’s steering wheel ...

Hi there. If your vehicle’s steering wheel is vibrating at speeds more than 30 mph, it’s possible that this is being caused by bad tire or wheel balance on the front end. Even if the tires or wheels are brand new, they need to be balanced to ensure a smooth ride. In fact, it’s very common for newly installed tires or wheels to fall out of balance easily if a curb or pothole has been struck, or if the wheel weight has fallen off due to poor installation. The first step I’d have completed would be to have the front tires balanced at a professional tire shop. If the balance is good; contact one of our local mechanics who can complete a vehicle is vibrating inspection. This will allow them to pinpoint the source of your vibration issues and eliminate a lot of the guess work.