Q: I was told my vehicle needs has a gas pedal short and need to replace a brake light switch and rewiring. How much should it be?

My vehicle is having all the symptoms of a throttle problem sensor or something like that but I took it in and I was told it has a gas pedal short and I need the brake light switch and for rewiring but I'm wondering how much should I expect to pay and if that's even possible but that could be the problem with it is showing all the symptoms of the throttle sensor going bad

Hey there. The brake light switch should have nothing to do with the throttle position sensor not working properly. Check your brake light operation to determine if they are working properly, simply by having someone watch the brake lights as you press the brake pedal. If they come on normally when pressing the pedal, then there is no need to rewire this.

As you may know, the throttle position sensor is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal.

The ECU then makes directs it to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would have a professional diagnose the sensor and brake light switch for a second opinion so that you can avoid unnecessary repairs. If you would like to get an estimate on services, you can enter your vehicle information on our estimator page for a quote.

• I was told my vehicle needs has a gas pedal short and need to replace a brake light switch and rewiring. How much should it be?