Q: Airbag & seat belt signs come on and off continually

A few days after purchasing the car and driving it, the airbag on the passenger side kept turning off and on. Also, the seat belt sign started coming on and off, too. I think there is probably something wrong with the sensor. When I took my car to get it fixed, they only fixed the wiring, which did not solve the problem. The same thing still occurs with the airbag and seat belt signs. What is causing this problem and what will repair it? Thanks.

There is a sensor in the seats of your BMW 545i that signals the computer there is someone in the seat and will turn on or off the passenger air bag. If you have leather seats that are not soft anymore, or you put something in the front seat it may cause the sensor to think someone is in the seat. You may need to have the sensor repaired or the seat repaired to correct the condition. If you need help figuring out how to repair this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose these signs.