Q: I think my ignition switch is gone.

Plus key won't turn. Bypass has been to turn ignition switch. But now will only start if boosted, a charger won't do it.

A: Hello. From what you describe it would appe...

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle is experiencing more than one issue. If your key won't turn then it may be possible that the ignition lock cylinder or switch are bad and need to be replaced. If you have bypassed the switch, but now the car will not start then that may be a sign that the battery or starter are going bad. I would start by testing the battery to see if it may be low or bad, and replacing / recharging it if it is. Then I would move on to carefully examining the ignition switch and lock cylinders to see if they need to be replaced. Replacing the ignition lock cylinder will usually require a new key for starting the vehicle. For an in-person diagnostic, consider having a certified technician from YourMechanic diagnose the starting problem in order to have this addressed properly.