Q: Is there any reason that a transmission fluid leak issue has to do with needing a a/c compressor replacement? 2008 Jeep Liberty

I just discovered I have a leak of transmission fluid that was causing the trans to slip. I had the fluid topped off, but was told the leak is being caused because I need to replace the a/c compressor.

Hi there - these 2 faults are NOT connected. A transmission fluid leak will not cause AC compressor failure. You are not getting good advice from whoever told you this - not to be trusted. A transmission fluid leak can cause slipping the transmission, and should be repaired ASAP. I recommend a transmission leak inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. Failure of the AC compressor will cause a loss of passenger cooling.