Q: I think my control arm is bad after a covered repair.

When I drive my vehicle on the highway and going high speeds ( 60 and up) over a small bump or anything the steering wheel vibrates and it also shifts left to right sometimes. I was involved in an accident 6 months ago where I hit a curb and i had the car fixed since then. Can you tell me if it sounds like what I'm experiencing Is related to the accident and not properly fixed by the mechanics? I know I should have brought it up a lot sooner but I didn't know that it was a problem. I thought it was normal so to speak.

Hi there. I would tend to believe, if something was improperly repaired after the accident, the shaking problem would have showed up right away. There is a chance, a suspension component was damaged and overlooked at the time of repair and has now developed.

The steering wheel vibrates and the vehicle shifts left to right sometimes, could be a worn or loose ball joint. It could be, worn or loose control arm bushings. It would be advisable, to have the suspension inspected before something breaks.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I recommend having an inspection of your car’s vibration and shaking condition be done by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.