Q: I think I have a drain of power

Car battery died took it to Halfords to replace when connected back up and vehicle still turned off the battery reading said unstable. So I must have a drain. I no it's not the alternator. Any advice

A: When diagnosing electrical problems, always...

When diagnosing electrical problems, always start with the simple solutions first. Begin checking the battery cables and terminals. Make sure they are not corroded, and are protected from the elements. Check the wires running to the distributor, and to the main computer. If you think that your issue is a parasitic draw, or an accessory/component draining your battery's power, you will need to chase it down using a voltmeter. This may be frustrating if you have little or no experience. When considering what components to check for a draw, think about the obvious. Security systems, radios, accessories plugged into the 12 volt outlets, and anything electrical that has been installed aftermarket.