Q: I rebuilt my carb on my 80 suburban and now when I try to start it it just turns over once and stops

I rebuilt my carb and now when I try to start my truck it turns over once but won't start and the battery gauge goes to zero

Hi Tyler. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Typically, the reason why this type of starting thing occurs is due to one of three possible issues. First, it’s possible that the battery is low on cranking amps. Second, you might have a loose electrical wire or ground wire. Third, if you moved or loosened the distributor for any reason, the ignition timing might be incorrect. Unfortunately, since we don’t know what you may have removed during the carb removal, it’s hard to tell you how to resolve this issue. In most cases, the smart thing to do is make sure all electrical connections are secured, and that you didn’t leave anything unhooked. If you have a battery charger, hook it up, let the battery charge for a bit and try to start the vehicle. If the engine turns over more than just once, then this might be the source of your issue.

3. I rebuilt my carb on my 80 suburban and now when I try to start it it just turns over once and stops