Q: I need an o2 sensor replaced. It si the passenger side upstream on a 1998 for expedition. Hard to rrach place

The o2 sensor is on the passenger side and is the upstream. Its very ahrd to get to...i have tried myself. I got your quote and it was 88 if i supply the part. What if the mechanic cant get to it and how accurate is this quote

Hi...the quote is exact for the requested service and assumes no extraordinary complications. Many repairs these days, particularly replacement of something as mundane as an oxygen sensor, are based on standard, calculated "book times". That is, everybody pays for the same amount of time (based on individual year, make, model, engine size, of course). If more time is required to replace the sensor, you are not charged anything additional beyond the "book time". What you refer to as "difficult" access, if it exists, is NOT an extraordinary complication because difficulty of "access" is already built in to the "book time". However, if the sensor has become welded (due to extraordinary corrosion) to the bung (that’s the threaded hole) and thus perhaps the internal (female) threads in the bung are damaged, that "might" be an extraordinary complication. Sometimes, the threads can be readily cleaned up though and it’s no big deal. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. I need an o2 sensor replaced. It si the passenger side upstream on a 1998 for expedition. Hard to rrach place