Q: Steering wheel feels too loose

Steering components do wear over time, but what you're describing sounds excessive. The problem could be play in the steering gear and/or linkage. Your steering wheel connects through the column, to the steering gear, tie rods and finally the steering knuckle to which your wheel attaches to. I suggest you have a trained professional inspect your vehicle as soon as possible, since steering problems can also be safety issues. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option since we make house calls.

Steering components do wear over time, but what you’re describing sounds excessive. The problem could be play in the steering gear and/or linkage. Your steering wheel connects through the column, to the steering gear, tie rods and finally the steering knuckle to which your wheel attaches to.

I suggest you have a trained professional inspect your steering wheel issue as soon as possible, since steering problems can also be safety issues. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option since we make house calls.