Q: I just did a oil change and spark plug replacement. Now the car shakes and then turns off when your in gear. 1988 monte Carlo ss

When I start the car it shakes a lot and after I put it in gear it'll shut down slowly.

Hi Rafael. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually when symptoms pop up after completing service, you can trace the root issue to a component that was removed or replaced. In the case of spark plugs and oil changes, the first thing I’d review is the spark plugs and plug wires. It’s quite possible that the plugs were not properly gaped or the plug wires are installed on the wrong cylinder. It’s also possible that a vacuum line may have been removed or is loose. I would double check all your spark plugs and verify that the gap is correct and also the plug wires are installed on the right cylinder first. Also check any vacuum lines to see if they popped off accidentally.

3. I just did a oil change and spark plug replacement. Now the car shakes and then turns off when your in gear. 1988 monte Carlo ss