Q: I just bought this car tonight, on the way home it made a loud noise under the hood, and the steering wheel was jerking

I bought this car tonight and on the way home the car made a loud noise under hood and the steering was jerking, I pulled over and noticed the temp gauge was running hot. I could smell something burning, I raised the hood but no smoke

A: Hi there: Without being there to inspect y...

Hi there:

Without being there to inspect your Kia, it’s really difficult to tell you exactly what might be wrong. However, if you heard a loud noise under the hood and then the temperature went into the RED, it’s very possible that either your serpentine belt (which powers the water pump, AC and other components) may have broken or the radiator fan or other cooling system parts may have damage. The smell might be overheated coolant. The best thing you can do to know for sure what’s going on is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is overheating inspection. This will allow them to correctly diagnose the issue and recommend the right repairs.