Q: i hit a pothole turn and my turn signal doesn't work

Two weeks ago i hit a pothole and my rim bend. My boyfriend put a spare tire. The next day we took it to the tire shop and they got me a new tire. Same day my boyfriend and his friend fixed the wheel bearing. The next day my car turn signal lights were not working but was making a buzzing noise and the brake, battery and airbag light were on. My boyfriend thought it was the battery , he changed but my car got worst.My car cut off every time that i used my signals lights. The hazards light were working . Yesterday i took it to a mechanic and he said that ignition switch was fine. he said it was probably the hazard light turn signal switch but it wasn't. Now i have to press on the break when i start my car and the signals and the hazards light wont work but car wont cut off if i use the turn signals accidentally

Hi and thanks for your question. On the Impala’s the speed sensors on the hubs to the vehicles wheels are in the same circuit with the turn signals. This tells the computer that the vehicle is turning with the steering wheel is turning and the wheels are turning. If the computer sees that the wheels are turning and the steering wheel is not, or the steering wheel is turning and the wheels are not, then the computer will shut off the engine to prevent an accident. Check the wiring to the hub wheel sensor and check the distance the sensor is on the hub. If the sensor is built into the hub, you need to check the hub for resistance. If there is no resistance or the resistance is too high, then the hub needs to be replaced again. It is possible that the sensor was broken during shipment when the hub was sent to the parts store. If you need assistance with the turn signal issue, then seek out a technician, as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle.

3. i hit a pothole turn and my turn signal doesn't work