Q: After changing my battery on my Acura ILX 2014, the display button and backup camera does not work. How do I reset the backup came

asked by on March 15, 2018

I recently changed the battery to my car and now the backup camera does not work. Also, the display button doesn’t work. I press the display button and nothing happens

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If these two malfunctions did not start the instant you installed a new battery, they are probably not related to the battery. The camera is activated in reverse which means the circuit goes through the neutral start switch. That switch has been one failure point reported for this system. With regard to both issues, a circuit trace must be performed to pinpoint the interruption whether it is in a switch, wiring, fuse, module, and so forth. You can perform a circuit trace by using the wiring diagram in the Factory Service Manual and a basic meter. Alternatively, if you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a vehicle electrical diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get this resolved quickly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.