Q: I hear a squeak/creaking wood type sound coming from the front right tire area when turning steering wheel

asked by on March 06, 2017

Here is a link to the video showing the sound: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9e8QvbHi_UY. It's coming from the left side wheel area. From the video it almost seems like it's the inner or outter tie rod making the noise I heard that can creak if it's bad

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. I watched the video and was unable to determine for sure what is causing this noise. However, it resembles a damaged tie rod or wheel bearing. It is true that if the component wears out too much, it can and will break; which can cause additional damage; as well as being a serious safety issue. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection. This will permit a professional mechanic to test drive your vehicle and inspect your vehicle for damage, so that the right repairs can be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr