Q: I hear a lot of noise coming from my brakes

Since around 20,000 miles, the brakes on my 2009 Nissan Sentra have been noisy. The squeaking stopped after I got it serviced, until recently. The noise was barely noticeable at first, but it’s now squeaking worse than ever! The car only has 45,000 miles on it. What could be causing this problem to keep popping up?

Your vehicle would need to be inspected for glazed pads and rotors, which are the main cause of noisy brakes. Some pads and rotors can get glazed from overheating due to low quality replacement parts or excessive rotor heat build up, which is caused by excessive braking or panic stops. There are some aftermarket pads and rotors that claim to reduce or eliminate the noise from brakes. You can expect to pay a premium price for premium pads though. An inexpensive pad or rotor may not give your car a quiet stop but should meet all of the manufacturers guideline specifications. The only way to eliminate noise is to replace the pads and rotors. The quality of replacement parts will determine the the level of noise you experience.

3. I hear a lot of noise coming from my brakes