Q: I have the regular dual clutch automatic in a 2016 Ford Focus 2.0 and my question is: Can I engage the "downhill" button while accelerating?

I have the regular Dual Clutch automatic in a 2016 Ford Focus 2.0 and my question is: Can I engage the "downhill" button while accelerating? I have discovered that when I do this, the transmission holds each gear a bit longer, resulting is a later, and therefore smoother, shift point. I have only experimented, and it seems to perform well without objection, but am I risking damage to the transmission?

3. I have the regular dual clutch automatic in a 2016 Ford Focus 2.0 and my question is: Can I engage the "downhill" button while accelerating?