Q: I have an automatic shifter that suddenly got loose. I no longer need to push in the button to shift from park to drive.

The shifter simply slides up and down. Never connecting to any gear. This morning I put it in reverse backed out of my parking spot, then when I went to put it in drive it suddenly felt loose (shifter) and drive wouldn't work. It seems stuck on park after I played with the shifter trying to get it to go in gear. The shifter feels extremely loose.

3. I have an automatic shifter that suddenly got loose. I no longer need to push in the button to shift from park to drive.