Q: Overheating - new radiator water pump thermostat sensor relay switch. Coolant was flushed 3 wks ago and its now purple 1995 Chevy Camaro

So why is it overheating i have all new parts 1 year old radiator was flushed just 2 weeks ago and now the coolent is purple and black

A: Hello - purple coolant is only used in larg...

Hello - purple coolant is only used in large diesel engines, or an additive called "Purple Ice", which is a "wetting" agent - enhances heat transfer in engines. Despite all the new parts, the real cause of your overheating hasn’t been corrected - possibly a blown head gasket? I would recommend a cooling system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.