Q: I have a crunching/grinding noise when turning

When I turn sharp at slow speeds I hear a loud grinding noise and only when I turn right. When stopped I don't hear it and only at slow speeds. I am not sure whats wrong and I am trying to sell the truck.

If you have 4 wheel drive, the noise might be due to a failed outboard CV joint. Another possibility is brake interference or wheel bearing noise although if you had a defective wheel bearing you would normally hear the noise in straight ahead driving as well. Failure of the outer CV joints will cause audible noise on turns. If the rubber boots are torn on the driveshafts (especially on the outer CV joints), that is typically an indication that there is a CV axle failure. If you request a front axle noise diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic will evaluate all the possibilities and resolve this for you. If the CV axle is defective, YourMechanic does remove and replace CV axles on a mobile basis. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.