Q: I have a 2016 Kia Optima and a gold/orange triangle with an exclamation mark in the center keeps coming up and staying lit on my d

asked by on July 17, 2017

There is a orange/gold colored triangle with an exclamation mark inside of it that keeps lighting up and staying on my dash board. What does that mean?

The orange warning triangle typically has to do with a traction and/or stability control system fault. This warning is typically triggered by a fault in one of those systems. Anything from a wheel speed sensor to a brake light switch can be at fault. Something to check also is if a tire was replaced recently with the incorrect size. These systems can interpret an incorrectly sized tire as a wheel that may be spinning faster or slower than the rest. Since your vehicle has a 5 year or 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, this issue is most likely covered under warranty. A trip to your Kia dealer service department should resolve the issue.