Q: I have a 2016 kia forte. A rodent ruined my wiring harnesses causing safety and operational issues. Kia says the harnesses have to

A rodent damaged the wiring harnesses in my car. Kia says the harnesses have to be replaced. State Farm insists the wires s can be spliced. Kia says no that safety systems are involved and the harnesses must be replaced and kia will NOT splice wires. They say state farm's proposal voids my warranty on all affected systems and all wiring and endangers my safety. I have filed with the state and am hiring any attorney. Is kia's or state farm's proposal safe and sound? I got a 2nd opinion from carstar of raytown and they said kia is right and they would never accept a job splicing a bunch of wires because of the safety liability.

Hi there. The automotive manufacturer is 100% correct in their estimation about splicing a wiring harness. Today’s vehicles are 100% controlled and monitored by electrical and computer operated systems. These systems require a clear and unaltered wiring system that sends electrical signals from sensors and components to the ECU and back. Splicing or altering the wiring in any way is very unsafe and can disable several safety systems including air bags, anti-lock brakes and other systems.

3. I have a 2016 kia forte. A rodent ruined my wiring harnesses causing safety and operational issues. Kia says the harnesses have to