Q: I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza and I have a code that's saying it lost communication with engine, EMC, so was told I needed a new computer

asked by on October 26, 2016

I have a 2005 Suzuki forenza and I have a code that's saying it lost communication with engine, emc, so was told I needed a new computer for my car. Do I really need a new one or did that one just needed to be reprogrammed and if I do need a new one can I get a used one and do I have to have it reprogrammed or can I just have it put in. And so I have to go to delearship for reprogramming

Ignition Switch Replacement $163.14 - $835.29 Get a Quote

Hello. If the communication has been lost, then it may need a computer. Many times though this has more to do with a bad power supply to the computer than anything else. I usually start by checking the power going to the computer from the battery and the ignition switch. Most of the time the problem is the ignition switch. If the computer is receiving power and is not communicating, then it is faulty. If it needs a computer, a new one would need to be installed and programmed to the car. Your best bet for a problem like this would be to get in touch with a dealership, since they will be better equipped to handle any computer troubles your car is experiencing.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr