Q: I have a 1999 mercury villager. It has been overheating. Can I take it to autozone to have them check the codes to find out why?

My car is overheating after driving for about ten minutes. The fan comes on for a bit, but then turns off. Will a code come up for that, or do I need to take it in for a diagnostic?

There is a code for engine over temperature that may be stored in your vehicle’s powertrain control module. Most auto parts stores will pull the codes for you and let you know what they are. YourMechanic also offers [check engine light is on inspections] that can be performed at your home or office.

3. I have a 1999 mercury villager. It has been overheating. Can I take it to autozone to have them check the codes to find out why?