Q: I had a new battery installed, and now the car alarm sounds when I open the unlocked doors.

I had a new battery installed, and now the car alarm sounds when I open the unlocked doors.

Hi there. In many cases this is due to an electrical short, perhaps a battery cable that is not correctly connected or some other component within the security system. It’s quite possible that the security system has stored an error code in the ECU that is causing this glitch after replacing the battery. You can have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a check engine light inspection to determine the reason why this is happening, clear any stored error codes and come up with a solution that should resolve this issue.

3. I had a new battery installed, and now the car alarm sounds when I open the unlocked doors.