Q: I have had battery problems in my 2002 Dodge Neon and now need a computer. Are they related

I got a new battery 6/15, 8/16 the car won't start with a jump from my chevy truck it started .9/16 again. Engine light came on with p&pd1698 ( no CCD mess received from PCM) PCM was replaced at 69000 this car should not have any issues did jumping the veh.cause this? I thought the battery was bad the part store checked it .i checked fuses they look old but no blown .please help I'm a self reliant person and didn't want to do any damage.

3. I have had battery problems in my 2002 Dodge Neon and now need a computer. Are they related