Q: I have had battery problems in my 2002 Dodge Neon and now need a computer. Are they related

I got a new battery 6/15, 8/16 the car won't start with a jump from my chevy truck it started .9/16 again. Engine light came on with p&pd1698 ( no CCD mess received from PCM) PCM was replaced at 69000 this car should not have any issues did jumping the veh.cause this? I thought the battery was bad the part store checked it .i checked fuses they look old but no blown .please help I'm a self reliant person and didn't want to do any damage.

Hello. If the vehicle was jumped improperly at any point then that would definitely cause the PCM to fail. If the voltage was incorrect or if the jumper cables were installed incorrectly then this will occur. I would also recommend having the electrical system fully checked to make sure that you do not have any electrical issue. I would also check the ignition switch as that is a common issue on this vehicle that will cause the battery to drain. If you are looking to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose what is going on with the electrical system] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/electric-problems-inspection

• I have had battery problems in my 2002 Dodge Neon and now need a computer. Are they related