Q: I had a leak in my lower radiator hose so I changed it. Now the car won't start now and the Check Engine Light is on.

asked by on November 10, 2016

Whats the problem and how can i fix it

Hello, lets start with the basics: since the Check Engine Light is on, what problem codes are set? The codes are your friend - will make diagnosis much easier. Do you have spark at the spark plugs while cranking? If not, ignition components such as the crankshaft position sensor, ignition pickup and/or control module, or coils can be the cause. If you have spark, do you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key to the "Run" position? If not check the fuse and relay for the fuel pump. If spritzing a bit of starter fluid into the air intake, then cranking, produces a momentary engine start, then fuel supply is the issue. I would recommend having the car’s no start condition inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.