Q: I can hear my wipers wanting to work

I can hear my wipers wanting to work,but don't go up and down!if I push them they catch an go up an down and stop.

A: Hi there: In many cases, this issue is ca...

Hi there:

In many cases, this issue is caused by the wiper arms being loose or stripped on the wiper motor mounts. It could also be caused by components inside the wiper motor that are damaged and need to be replaced. In most situations, when the internal components inside the motor are damaged, it's easier and more cost efficient to replace the wiper motor. To know for certain what's causing this issue, you should have a professional mechanic complete a windshield wipers are not working inspection.