Q: Master cylinder valve leaking - why? 2011 Kia Sophia

I just recently had front and back, break repairs performed on my 2001 Kia Sephia. Now the (valu on the break mastercylinder) is leaking.Could leak be caused by using the wrong Dot fluid?

Hi there - it is unlikely that use of the wrong fluid would cause a brake valve leak. Most brake issues originate from absorption of water into brake fluid that isn’t changed for many years. This may be a simple failure of the valve, or damage from being bumped, or improperly installation. I recommend a brake master cylinder replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Master cylinder valve leaking - why? 2011 Kia Sophia