Q: I've been having trouble with my trans. In my 06 passat 2.0t 4c gas engine, it's shifting hard from 1st to 2ndwontshiftto5or6

I've been having trouble with my trans. In my 06 passat 2.0t 4c gas engine, it's shifting hard from 1st to 2nd and will not shift to 5th or 6th

In spite of the mileage, it may be repairable without rebuilding or replacing the transmission. I have a 2005 Jetta with the same transmission outside that experienced similar issues. Shifted hard on the 1-2 upshift and the 2-1 downshift. The conductor plate in the transmission is typically the fault. It was a known issue back in 2005-2007 and there was even a warranty extension for it that expired at 100,000 miles. The conductor plate is an electronic version of what was commonly called the valve body in older transmissions. It has a series of passages that control fluid pressure to each gear to effect upshifts and downshifts. Over the years and miles with the constant heating and cooling, the material inside the conductor plate passages can dislodge or just come loose and restrict these fluid passages. This can effect fluid pressure to each gearset, causing hard shifts and sometimes, no shifting at all. While replacing the conductor plate may very well solve the problem, it is still not an inexpensive repair. The conductor plate varies in price depending on which is installed in your transmission. That information is typically determined when it is removed. The price of the conductor plate, along with the synthetic fluid required for refill and the filter and pan gasket, it can approach $1500. With that and the fact that there is a special refill procedure - the fluid is refilled from the bottom and once the transmission fluid reaches a certain temperature, it has to be allowed to cool before the final topping off, I suggest a good local transmission repair shop or foreign car specialist for the repair

3. I've been having trouble with my trans. In my 06 passat 2.0t 4c gas engine, it's shifting hard from 1st to 2ndwontshiftto5or6