Q: What is the SecuriLock® system on my car?

What is the SecuriLock® system on my car?

Your car is equipped with both a security system and an immobilizer system. The SecuriLock® system is the immobilizer. It’s actually the only anti-theft system onboard the car – the alarm only sounds the horn and flashes the lights. It doesn’t prevent someone from stealing the car. The SecuriLock® system ensures that your car cannot be started without a programmed key in the ignition. If a key that’s not programmed for your car is used in the ignition, it won’t crank.

Don’t leave a programmed key in the vehicle. The SecuriLock® system only prevents theft of the vehicle. It doesn’t keep anyone from breaking into the car. If there’s a programmed spare key in the car, they can use it to start the engine.

3. What is the SecuriLock® system on my car?