Q: I am wondering if you can help point me in the right direction on what's wrong with my car.

My car has been making a loud whining noise while idiling but gets louder as I push the gas. Now, my car feels like it's losing power in spurts while my rpm needle is fluctuating up & down constantly once I get up to 60mph or higher, and its not just as my car shifts into gears. This is much worse, it jumps up & down while even staying at a steady speed. Could you please give me your opinion. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi there:

There could be multiple issues going on with your 2006 Ford Explorer, or perhaps something very simple that can be easily fixed. If you’re hearing a loud noise and the engine seems to be robbing of power, it’s possible you have an exhaust system leak. It’s also possible that you have a vacuum line leak that is causing this to occur. The only way to determine this accurately is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection at your location.

• I am wondering if you can help point me in the right direction on what's wrong with my car.