Q: I am having trouble locating the MAP sensor

I can not locate my map sensor to replace it.

A: Hi there. The MAP (manifold absolute pressu...

Hi there. The MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor should be located on the firewall behind the right strut tower. Confirming the diagnosis before purchasing the MAP sensor is recommended. Assuming the Check Engine Light is on and has set a MAP sensor code, it may not necessarily be the MAP sensor that is at fault.

It is common for the vacuum line to break. It could be a poor/loose connection at the MAP or ECM (engine control module) or a wiring issue. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the Check Engine Light is on and suggest any needed repairs.