Q: I am having issues with the defroster blowing cold air on the driver side

When using the defrost on my van, the driver side only blows cold air, while the rest of the van functions as it should. When using the air conditioner, the rest of the van receives cold air, and the driver side blows heat, and when using the heater, the driver side only gets cold air, while the rest of the van gets heat. I also am having an issue where the lights that show how many miles are on the van does not light up.

Hi there. There is a blend door issue on your ducting to your heating and air conditioning system. Check all of the blend doors and make sure that they are working. The blend door that is not working properly can have a bad motor or a vacuum line leak. Look for any vacuum lines that may be disconnected and also any blend door motor wires that may be exposed causing a short. If you need further assistance with your driver side having reverse effects of blowing air over the rest of the vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I am having issues with the defroster blowing cold air on the driver side