Q: I accidentally tapped the battery with a wrench and it sparked. now car won’t start, it doesn’t click, and radio won’t start.

I was installing coilovers in my car and when i was detaching the top hat with a rachet, the rachet tapped one of the battery terminals and it sparked. Now when i go to start the car the radio doesn’t turn on, headlights don’t work, gauge cluster gets no lights, and the solenoid doesn’t even click. my AC still works, 12v port still works, and my fog lights still function as well. What could this be?

Fuses and fusible links may have opened due to the short circuit. Inasmuch as the vehicle does not start, the simplest thing to do is diagnose the starting circuit first as, in the course of that, other fundamental failures (for example if the PCM was somehow fried but is more typical of reverse polarity at the battery) will come into view if they occurred that is. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you and get your car running. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I accidentally tapped the battery with a wrench and it sparked. now car won’t start, it doesn’t click, and radio won’t start.