Q: How would a failing TPS sensor affect how my car runs...?

Could it harm the motor in any aspect..?

A: Hey there. Since the throttle position sens...

Hey there. Since the throttle position sensor is responsible for relaying information to the ECM and has a hand in trimming fuel / air mixtures, ignition timing, and other critical functions that control the engine’s operation, a failing TPS sensor can eventually cause damage to other components if not replaced or repaired promptly. The TPS also controls the shifting of the gears for automatic transmissions and affect its function as well. Your best bet is to replace the TPS sooner rather than later to avoid other component failures.