Q: Car follows road aggressively and the steering feels loose and wobbly.

Car will dart left or right depending on the road I am on. Steering feels loose and wobbly and used to be tight and responsive. Feels like I am fighting heavy winds all the time but there is no actual wind. Issue gets worse at highway speeds. The cars control is terrible now and its constantly me moving left to right back and forth on the steering wheel just to stay straight.

Lexus dealership told me the alignment was good and they couldn't replicate the issue. However, every person who has driven the car sees the issue IMMEDIATELY. Lexus is lying for whatever reason.

Rear tires are 6 months old. Front tires are a little over a year old. Tires are pretty large. FRONT 225/40R-18 Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 (W-Speed Rated) XL & REAR 255/40R18 Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 (W-Speed Rated)

I also changed my brakes and pads in February 2017. To this model.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AN5TJ9A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi Sean. Thanks for contacting us today. I don’t think Lexus is lying to you for some reason - more that they simply don’t notice what you are feeling in the car. If anything, the dealership would want to find something wrong so they can charge you for repairs - as nothing would likely be covered under warranty after 5-years. If you’ve recently replaced tires or if for some reason they were rotated from left to right (which I believe those are directional and can’t be rotated), then this could explain the loose steering you are feeling. Loose or damaged wheel bearings can also produce a driving issue as you’ve described - as can a loose strut mount or stabilizer bar bushings. Brakes and pads shouldn’t impact the driving or handling characteristics of a vehicle, so I don’t think that has anything to do with the symptoms you’re describing. Anytime aftermarket components are used to replace OEM parts, steering and handling changes can occur - without having any mechanical faults. Perhaps that’s what is happening with your Lexus - but without inspecting the vehicle or driving the vehicle personally it’s simply not possible to provide you with an accurate reason. You might want to consult with a Lexus-specialty repair shop to see what they can find.

3. Car follows road aggressively and the steering feels loose and wobbly.