Q: how to set up the engine speed sensor on a puma 2.4 tdi motor

we broke the speed sensor securing bracket for the 2.4 puma motor, when carrying out a clutch replacement. before removing the broken bracket, we ran the engine to test the speed sensor, which works but now with the new replacement bracket we cannot get the engine to run, so need to find out the set up proceedure for this speed sensor

Hello. It does not appear that a 2.4 Land Rover engine requires a reset procedure for the crank position sensor. Most crank position sensors are hall effect or magnetic type, and operate by reading a signal from the reluctor wheel that is close in proximity. If the engine is not firing after a new bracket has been attached, it may be possible that the new bracket is not properly positioning the crank sensor and throwing off the reading. I would double check to make sure that the new bracket positions the crank sensor in the same position as the old one. If the bracket is okay, it may be possible that there is a wiring issue or the sensor is faulty.

3. how to set up the engine speed sensor on a puma 2.4 tdi motor