Q: How much would it cost for a stabilizing link

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer and I needed just a oil change I Was in a rush so I went to a gas station to do it next thing I know I getting other issues I never had befor and showed me that I suddenly need a stablizing link and told me to fix t is 179 do you know how much it would normally cost?

Hi there. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete an inspection of your Ford Explorer before having any parts replaced. Typically a stabilizer bar / link problem is accompanied by symptoms; such as vibrating in the steering wheel, a pull to the left or right when you’re driving straight, or a clunking noise as you’re driving down the road or hit bumps. I would recommend if you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms to submit a request to have a mobile mechanic come to your location to determine if you have any damaged components that require replacement.