Q: How much is a wheel bearing part for a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS ; just the part, no labor?

I purchased a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2 weeks ago. I had the front bald tires replaced with new at Mavis Tires. The next day I drove to NYC (6hrs) and the car increasingly became "noisy". I felt a rumbling pressure under the accelerator with my foot (not too bad), but the RUMBLING noise could be felt throughout the front end (within the car) as I drove further along, becoming worse the further I drove and then the faster I drove (over 45mph was the start). Could be felt under the floorboard and the acceleration peddle. The noise is "rumbling" and "thumping" and could be felt within the car, like a vibration. Is this a wheel bearing issue? I can't imagine new tires (although not the most expensive) could cause that- but I'm not the Auto Tecnician :) Also, if it is the wheel bearing, how much would the part be? Not the labor, but only the part? Please advise? Thank you!! -Angela

Hi there. Although the noise you are hearing is most likely caused by a wheel bearing being damaged, it could also be due to a damaged pulley or a suspension component problem that is damaged. In regards to the cost of wheel bearings for your 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, the bearing is actually internally installed of a wheel hub, so you’d have to purchase the entire hub assembly; which can range in cost anywhere from $40 to $90 based on the parts supplier.

• How much is a wheel bearing part for a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt LS ; just the part, no labor?