Q: How do you take a motor out of this vehicle

My vehicle was making a knocking noise when it was drove. I'm sure the engine will need replacing, so how hard is it to take the motor out?

It’s not difficult at all to remove the engine but you will need a full copy of the Factory Service Manual (FSM) (buy on Ebay) if you are to have a reasonable chance of getting a good result. If you attempt engine removal, repair and replacement without the FSM you will have problems and your effort will likely be wasted. Also, there are a variety of caveats, just one of which is if you re-use your old fuel injectors make sure they are sent to a lab such as Mr. Injector to be ultrasonically cleaned and have the internal filters replaced. All torque specs., which are numerous, must be followed assiduously and that’s one reason you need the FSM. Also, you will need to have in hand all Technical Service Bulletins pertaining to the engine to learn of updated service procedures. Prior to engine removal, you should absolutely confirm that such is needed and that the noise you are hearing is not from some other source or is not repairable in situ. If you desire assistance with the diagnostic, please request an engine noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will identify the source of the noise. In some locations, certified professionals from YourMechanic will perform engine replacements and/or perform sub-tasks in such a job. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.