Q: How do I use the rear seats?

How do I use the rear seats?

A: Having rear seats in a pickup truck is conv...

Having rear seats in a pickup truck is convenient for a number of reasons. If the bed is uncovered, valuable or delicate cargo can be protected in the rear seat area. It also increases the number of passengers the truck can carry.

• If the truck has a full bench seat in the back, usually found in extended cab models, then the seat can be folded up to stow cargo in the seating area without harming the seats.

• Pulling on a strap underneath the seat cushion while pushing the bottom of the seat up toward the seatback will allow the lower half of the bench lift up and click into place.

• To lower the seat back down, pull on the same strap that was pulled to raise the seat while pushing the seat toward the seatback. The seat should come down all the way to its original position when it’s released.

• If the truck has a split rear seat, then the process for raising the seats and lowering them are exactly the same, except for the fact that either side can individually be raised or lowered.

When folding the rear seats up, make sure the seat belts are not fastened and none of the safety belt material is twisted or snagged on the seats when folded. Damage to the seat belts could be very hazardous if they are needed.