Q: Q: How do I check the engine oil?

How do I check the engine oil?

Checking the engine oil is essential to maintain safe engine operation and longevity. Bad oil can give your engine problems. To check the oil.

1. Ensure the vehicle is on a level surface and has been sitting for at least 20 minutes.

2. Open the hood and locate the “engine oil” dipstick.

3. Pull out the dipstick and wipe clean with a lint free rag.

4. Re-insert dipstick and remove once more.

5. The oil level should be between the “MIN” and “MAX” mark on the dipstick.

6. If it is do not add any oil.

7. If it is below the MIN mark remove the oil filler cap and fill in ¼ quart increments until oil level has reached operating range.

3. Q: How do I check the engine oil?