I am thinking of purchasing a 2004 Honda Civic LX with132...

I am thinking of purchasing a 2004 Honda Civic LX with132,000 miles. But I am unsure because of the chance of [transmission](/topics-transmission-honda/) problems. Any insights? Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you...

I am thinking of purchasing a 2004 Honda Civic LX with132,000 miles. But I am unsure because of the chance of [transmission](/topics-transmission-honda/) problems. Any insights? Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the Mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know? This car has had the transmission fluid changed/flushed at regular intervals.

Automotive Expert
Hi, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you this vehicle is very reliable. there are no chronic issues with the transmission other than normal wear and tear. sometimes the shifting is a problem but the shift solenoids are very accessible on the outside of the engine and aren't expensive at all. virtually no internal transmission issue at all on this vehicle as long as you have proof of the service records of the transmission fluid being changed at the proper intervals.

Some websites rank the 2001-2005 Honda Civics as the most troublesome transmissions and some consumers have had problems. What would lend to these types of reviews? And as an expert, would you avoid purchasing this make and model of car?
Automotive Expert
I have to apologize. I was referring to the accord. that is my mistake and yes, the civics were very problematic and I would avoid the purchase. I am very sorry for my misreading of the model I worked on 4 accords today so my brain was stuck on accords

Have you worked on 2004 Civics?
Automotive Expert
many times. that why Im a honda technician there are 49 bulletins on the 2004 honda civic transmissions and 69 letters of information on issues

Im assuming that alot of those problems were about the transmissions?
Automotive Expert
yes sir/mam

Thank you.
Automotive Expert
you are very welcome. here are some of the issues when we pull up the transmission. (attached)