Q: Honda Recall notice

asked by on August 22, 2016

I received a honda recall notice that says: Warranty Extension - Sticking piston rings resulting in High Engine Oil consumption. It says that the issue might be happenning in some 2010-11 CRV. Would you be able to assist in checking whether this issue is occuring in my vehicle. I am hoping it can be done as part of regular oil change appointment.

Unfortunately warranty related things can only be handled by the dealership. This is because they need to carefully document the findings to report back to Honda whether or not your vehicle needs the repair. I would get this in as soon as possible, because low oil levels can cause damage to the motor. Until then, be sure that you know how to check your oil level.