Q: Hi, yesterday I hit a brick coming off the freeway and I had to pull over do to my car smoking

And all my transmission fluid ran out, I looked under the car and my transmission pan was ripped open. had to get it to a safe place so I had my brother push me to my mom's house with the car running...... My question is did I damage the whole transmission by driving it after that happened????

Hello - how unfortunate! It is possible damage was done while the car was being pushed, because the engine was running. The engine drives a pump in the transmission which creates hydraulic pressure to operate the transmission. This pump needs transmission fluid to lubricate it. If you only drove a mile or so, you may be OK. If more than 5 miles, possibly not. The transmission should be examined to see if the brick did other damage besides the pan being puncture. The transmissions valve body sits low in the pan, and could easily have been damaged by the brick. Best to have the car towed to a reputable transmission shop for an assessment of the damage. They can replace the pan, fill with fluid, and test for unseen damage in one appointment. Good luck!

3. Hi, yesterday I hit a brick coming off the freeway and I had to pull over do to my car smoking