Q: Hi. The battery was already drained from the alarm while key battery was going dead. The ignition was accidentally left on for 4 h

Hi. The battery was already drained from the alarm while key battery was going dead. The ignition was accidentally left on for 4 hrs or more. If the iginition doesn't have the battery to pull juice. Where would the iginition pull from? Could the Ignition or ignition switch get burned up?

Hi Carla. Before a vehicle starts, all electrical components receive their power from the vehicles battery. Although the battery can appear to be drained, to discontinue powering the alarm, it can still supply some power to the ignition system. It is quite unlikely that the ignition system or an ignition relay was damaged during this time, but if the battery was replaced and you’re having difficulty starting the vehicle now, that might be the source. If your car is running OK now, you should be fine. If it’s not starting, it might be helpful to have one of our mechanics come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. Hi. The battery was already drained from the alarm while key battery was going dead. The ignition was accidentally left on for 4 h