Q: Hi oil leaking white smoke and then it clears besides that car runs good

What can the problem be

A: White smoke is usually a sign of a blown he...

White smoke is usually a sign of a blown head gasket or coolant leak as this is typically an indication that the coolant is being leaked into the combustion chamber and being burnt with the air/fuel charge which is what creates the white smoke. This is usually a sign of overheating which needs to be looked at by a qualified mechanic sooner than later as this can lead to catastrophic engine failure if not handled soon. Depending on the location and severity of the oil leak, this can also lead to catastrophic engine failure. This is serious and should be dealt with right away. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can be dispatched to where your car is located and perform a definitive diagnosis of the possible overheating issue and make necessary repairs.