Q: Hello there i have a quick question

my check engine light came on and i put a scan tool on the cars . The scan tool says P0010 CAMSHAFT POSITION ACTUATOR A -BANK 1 . So my question is where is bank-1 located on the engine . i know there is two but witch one is bank 1 .

A: Hello. Since you have a 4-cylinder engine t...

Hello. Since you have a 4-cylinder engine there is only one bank of exhaust. Bank 1 would be where the exhaust manifold is on the engine. An AV shaped engine that has two exhaust manifolds would have Bank 1 and Bank 2. This camshaft actuator is likely on the cylinder head near the exhaust manifold. I would recommend checking there for this actuator.